Volunteer + Committee
Volunteers are the heart of our film festival! They make the festival fun, welcome our filmmakers, assist attendees and have fun doing it! Each year, we rely on volunteers to make the festival a great success! There are many opportunities to volunteer during the festival and all year long. Join us and help support the the oldest genre fest in America!
HOW CAN I HELP?
JOIN OUR Festival COMMITTEE!
The Boston SciFi Film Festival is looking to fill a number of festival committee positions. If you are interested in any of the positions listed below, please fill out our committee application below.
POSITION TITLE: Festival Partner Communications
The Boston Sci-Fi Film Festival is looking for a professional, friendly, and outgoing individual to help with festival coordination. We are looking for someone highly organized who loves films, filmmakers, and or science fiction!
* Work to secure community and promotional partners
* Assist in filmmaker hospitality
* Provide assistance with media outlets and advertising
* Assist with curation and film screening programming
POSITION TITLE: Customer Relations Manager
Wrangling and making sense of our databases as well as formulating the best ways to interact with our customers (who, btw are pretty awesome).
POSITION TITLE: Editor/Writer
The Boston Sci-Fi Film Festival is looking for a well versed writer/editor to publish our newsletter and engage in other writing assignments as assigned. We are looking for someone who can write on deadline and has a through understanding of MailChimp or equivalent a similar email platform.
* Write and edit newsletters to engage our audience
* Write and edit newsletters to market films, programs, and events
* Write and edit stories and assignments as needed
POSITION TITLE: Merchandise Manager
Help create and sell the merchandise associated with Boston Sci-Fi Film Festival.
* Assist in setting up merchandise to be sold
* Sell, track, and pack up merchandise as needed
* Inform director when there are low quantities in merchandise
POSITION TITLE: Transportation Director
A logistics oriented person to oversee Print Traffic and guest pick up and drop off. Compensation: TBD
* Work with programming staff to ensure that film prints are mailed and/or sent as needed and requested
* Work with appropriate staff to ensure special guests and VIPs are pick up and dropped off where needed.
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
SF44 is looking for a personable, detail oriented person to manage our volunteer program. The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and managing volunteers onsite, before and during the Festival. The volunteer coordinator will work closely with the event manager to ensure the execution of SF44.
* Develop volunteer recruitment and retention plan
* Create and manage complete volunteer schedule
* Coordinate and run volunteer orientation meetings
* Filter all volunteer questions and concerns
* Ensure all volunteers are thanked and appreciated
POSITION TITLE: Workshop Coordinator
We are looking for an individual to work with our Festival Director to help create, populate and market our workshops, panels, and discussions. After the initial creative decisions are made it is following through on logistics, and promotions. Both will entail working with the proper departmental counterpart(s).
* Assisting in creating workshops, panels, and discussions
* Assisting in securing speakers, executing and confirming logistics, and working to market those programs
* Assisting on day of execution, ensure programs run smoothly, ensuring speakers have what they need, etc.
POSITION TITLE: Interns + Volunteers
Sf44 is looking for volunteers/interns to support all areas of the festivals.
* Varies according to the departments (See Above)